Pittsfield Township, Michigan
by Bret Schnitzer
When Ann Arbor Township was organized in 1827 it included what is now Pittsfield Township in its boundaries. The township was organized as the Township of Pitt in 1834. The name had been suggested by Ezra Carpenter. The current name was adopted in 1839. It became a charter township in 1972.
In 2006 the Ann Arbor District Library opened its Pittsfield Branch.
The Serious Auto Accident Attorneys have been getting outstanding results for Pittsfield Township for over 25 years. Call us for a free consultation at (313) 389-2234