by Bret Schnitzer
Melvindale began as the unincorporated settlement of Oakwood Heights in the northwestern part of Ecorse Township in the early 1920s. The subdivision was designed to house workers at the nearby Ford River Rouge Plant in the city of Dearborn. The city was named after one of the original developers of the settlement, Melvin Wilkinson. Part of Oakwood Heights was annexed by the city of Detroit in 1922, and the remainder was incorporated as the village of Melvindale the same year. In 1933, the village incorporated as a city.
The Serious Auto Accident Attorneys have been obtaining outstanding results for car accidents in Melvindale for over 25 years. Call us for a free consultation at (313) 389-2234