by Bret Schnitzer
In 1950 Riverview only stretched as far west as the western end of Trenton’s two northern boundaries. The rest of what is today Riverview was still part of the unincorporated Monguagon Township at that point. In the 1950s and 1960s, during the Cold War, the Department of Defense (through the United States Army) operated Nike missile launch site D-54 on the site of what is now Young Patriot’s Park. The IFC (integrated fire control) site was on the site of what is now Rivergate Nursing Home and Terrace. A Nike Hercules missile is on display at the former D-54/55 double Nike site. It was placed on display in the park that now occupies the site in July 1980, though this site was never converted from the Nike Ajax missile to the Hercules missile.
The Serious Auto Accident Attorneys get outstanding results in Riverview, Michigan. Call us for a free consultation at (313) 389-2234.