Allen Park, Michigan
by Bret Schnitzer
Allen Park was incorporated as a village in 1927, and as a city in 1957. It was named after Lewis Allen, a well-to-do lawyer and lumberman whose 276½ acres of land (primarily in Ecorse Township) included holdings in what are now Allen Park and Melvindale. Hubert Champaign and Edward Pepper were two other early residents of the area.
In 1950 Allen Park did not include the part of the city directly west of Melvindale, Michigan. This area was still part of Ecorse Township.
Serious Auto Accident Attorneys handle auto accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accident and injuries and death cases throughout Allen Park, Michigan. Call us for a free consultation at (313) 389-2234